For your visit
If you're a new client, please complete the following forms and bring them to your first therapy session:
If you would like me to coordinate care with another provider (for example, your psychiatrist, primary care physician, etc.), complete this form to authorize release of psychotherapy information:
Note: To download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free, click here.
Consumers of marriage and family therapy services offered by marriage and family therapists licensed by the State of Minnesota are protected by the Client Bill of Rights.
rates AND INSURANCE
- $120 per 50 minute session
- $180 per 80 minute session
I am a fee-for-service provider and therefore do not accept insurance. However, your payment may be reimbursed through Out-of-Network benefits, a Medical Flex Spending account or a Health Savings Account. (Please check with your resource to verify reimbursement requirements). Payment for sessions are due at the time of service. All charges incurred are the responsibility of the client.
I also offer longer session times, an approach that has been shown in research to result in better outcomes. Most of my work with adults, couples and families is done in 90-minute sessions.
Quick facts about the benefits of seeing a fee-for-service provider:
1) Since insurance does not cover relational difficulties such as couples and family therapy, they require a DSM-IV-TR diagnosis for one of the members. As a fee-for-service provider, I do not have to give you a mental health diagnosis.
2) Mental health diagnoses can follow you and be documented on health records. They also may affect life insurance applications, health insurance applications and other benefits or services.
3) Together, we can determine how many times we meet instead of the insurance company making that decision.
4) Since a treatment plan, notes and billing information are not being released to an insurance company, a greater amount of confidentiality is in place for you.
Please contact us directly for more information on services fees and payment plans.
If you fail to cancel a scheduled appointment, we cannot use this time for another client and you will be billed for the entire cost of your missed appointment.
A full session fee is charged for missed appointments or cancellations with less than a 48-hour notice unless it is due to illness or an emergency. A bill will be mailed directly to all clients who do not show up for, or cancel an appointment.
The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
Please contact Life Love Healing Wellness Center with any questions you may have on your visit, forms, my policies or rates.